Click here to access an informative analysis of the proposed new solar power plant to be built at Port Augusta. Appearing in yesterday’s InDaily news website, the article was written by Ketan Joshi, a freelance communications consultant and energy writer based in Sydney, with government and NGO clients.
Among the questions answered in the article are:
- What is a solar thermal power plant?
- How does it work?
- How will its output compare to other South Australian generators?
- Will it bring down power prices?
- Has anyone else built it already?
- Why is South Australia building it?
- How big is it?
- How big is that compared to the new Tesla battery (see the stories below)?
- Is this really baseload?
- How much will it cost?
- What’s the capacity factor, compared to wind and solar?
- Will this save South Australia’s grid?
- Will it make power bills lower?